Who we are ?
Inria is the French national research institute dedicated to digital science and technology. World-class research, technological innovation and entrepreneurial risk are its DNA. Its 215 agile project-teams, usually joint with academic partners, involve more than 3,900 scientists in tackling digital challenges, often at the interface with other disciplines. Inria is a public research institute that draws on a wealth of talent in more than forty different professions. It also has 900 research and innovation support staff who help to develop and grow scientific and entrepreneurial projects that have an impact on the world.
The Centre Inria de l’Université de Grenoble groups together almost 600 people in 22 research teams and 7 research support departments.
Staff is present on three campuses in Grenoble, in close collaboration with other research and higher education institutions (Université Grenoble Alpes, CNRS, CEA, INRAE, …), but also with key economic players in the area.
The Centre Inria de l’Université Grenoble Alpe is active in the fields of high-performance computing, verification and embedded systems, modeling of the environment at multiple levels, and data science and artificial intelligence. The center is a top-level scientific institute with an extensive network of international collaborations in Europe and the rest of the world.
Are you passionate about working with state-of-the-art language models like GPT-3, customizing the language model to master specific topics and excel in certain tasks?
This internship offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to our research and development efforts by studying and fine-tuning large language models.
You will work closely with our team of AI experts to explore the capabilities of these models and adapt them for real-world applications.
• Conduct a state-of-the-art review of LLMs, fine tuning techniques and evaluation metrics.
• Run experiments on Inria’s computer cluster.
• Analyze and interpret data to identify areas for improvement and propose innovative solutions.
Observe, learn, think, act
Profile and Skills
• Currently pursuing a M1 or master's (M2) degree in computer science, electrical engineering,robotics, or a related field.
• Good programming skills in Python, C++ or similar.
• Familiarity with machine learning, language models, and tools such as PyTorch.
• Solid understanding of mathematics, especially linear algebra and statistics.
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment
Are you inspired by working in a dynamic, multicultural environment?
Are you interested in contributing to the development of a research centre in the field of IT and digital technology?
Then come and join us!
You'll be working in a friendly, motivated team in a pleasant environment.
What we can offer you:
- A dynamic, cutting-edge research ecosystem with an international workforce
- Subsidised catering and partial reimbursement of public transport costs
- Professional equipment available (videoconferencing, loan of computer equipment, etc.)
- Gratification = 4,35€ gross / hour
- Social, cultural and sports events and activities
- Access to professional training
- A diversity policy with an institute committed to the inclusion of people with disabilities, gender equality and equal opportunities.
Find all our offers on jobs.inria.fr